Monday, August 30, 2004

Poetry by the late Jullia Rypinski... (Well Just 2 that I liked)

Philosophy

I tried to keep my love at home
by binding him to me,
but all he did was love me less
and struggle to be free.

So then I tried to keep him home
by letting him be free,
but all he did was find his love
with everyone bu me.

So now I've sent my love away;
it's proved the best safekeeping;
for now, in all his other loves,
it's always me he's seeking.

1953
Jullia Rypinski




Love, I Wonder

Have I ever loved, I wonder?
I was better at infatuation,
that blinding flare of brain
and visceral flow, non-bloody,

almost pain- and pleasure-free,
like the 'envelope de marbre'
in teh sigh of that oft-loved lover,
tale-spinner she, inspirer of geniuses.

How I hoped for love and tried to give
love back! Had I no hear? I wonder.
I courted Duty a long, long time,
a time beyond my time, but at last

The time was up: my daemon took
my hand and wandered me away
to new infatuation, new ennui.
Those shades I will not count a cost.

by Jullia Rypinski

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this julia lady reallly summarises how i feel about this whole love thing. buss me on some more of her stuff yannick.

Anonymous said...

this julia lady reallly summarises how i feel about this whole love thing. buss me on some more of her stuff yannick.-

Anonymous said...

this julia lady reallly summarises how i feel about this whole love thing. buss me on some more of her stuff yannick.- leslie