Wednesday, November 23, 2005

THE VITRUVIAN YAN...

It is 1:21 am Thursday morning... repetition, yes I know. I'm thoroughly high on DPH. The other day I realised DPH is fairly unique to Jamaica... I had made the strange but assinine assumption that it was a universal or at least a Caribbean particular... anyway I glugged some of the bottle in a desperate attempt to escape the hysterical sneezing brought on by the mold, "junjo" and dust in my room, that has been wrecked since the rains... the paint on my ceiling is falling off... unto my bed, cobwebs abound, junjo everywhere... chi-chi a nyam weh mi steps... seeing it is made of wood... but I digress. Back the DPH... I feel woozy, drunk, light and happy when I have no reason to be...

I have no idea why this post is titled vitruvian yan. I just thought the pun on my name would be nice. The DPH has dried me up... my tongue is dry, my nose (yaaaaaaaaay!), my eyes and skin. The cold front and cold breeze, washing MoBay is absolutely wonderful. I wish the weather were always like this, not the icebox hell that the USA is, and not the tropical paradise sauna that JTB whores us to be. But a moderate engaging temperature that makes more inclined to be out and about... the sun saps me so regularly and easily these days. And imagine I would never tire in the sun, 7 or so summers ago.

No comments: