Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rasta at the Poet Tree... or is it Poet's Tree

Haiku series:


Deja's View

Madness spreads fever
Men come for the tight love grind
Nude pleasure sputters

 

Days of the Old Skool Yaad

Children at the skool
Shelter behind old stone walls
People everywhere


La Luna and the Lunar-cy

Some sweet god shimmers
Luminous nitefall spreads
This dream burning with lite


Homicidal Secrecy

Blind cries for deaf tears
I don't want to, but know things
So pain pours from me...


The Fear of Solitude

I sparked this madness
alone again, as always
All I know is pain.


The Sardonic Nature of God

God would laugh at me
I'm crying for no reason.
I was happy... once!


Soul-ar Eclipse

Contemplating suicide
I'm filled with disillusion
Today, my heart blackened

________________________________________

Permission to Speak Freely

If I might speak freely Ma'am,
I've been thinking on God,
And I've been keeping my guard,
I've been consuming ancient texts and toiling hard.

I don't want to talk,
But we need to speak,
And speak freely I must,
Even though I know my dry honesty causes disgust,
But I would tell thee of love and lust,
Sinking ships and broken trust,
A thought in me throbbing and growing robust,
I must place the scion of Kush in you with a thrust.


Lucea Harbour

Out on the docks,
Facing the sea,
Just behind the Public Lie Bury,

It was out on the docks
Just before dawn,
As lanterns dot the whispering, mumbling, Sssssshhhhhing secret sea...
Like peenie wallie against some big black blue damp dewed lawn,

As I hear the hushing sighs of weary waves that at long last reach shore,
As I hear the lapping of paddles and oars parting waters,
As I hear my own fingers swishing and squishing like feet playing in puddles & pools,
As I hear her parting labia label me Lord and Conqueror...
My mind is gone...
Lost in the cool morn twilight calm.


Non-Sequitur

I've got a job,
But am feeling hollow,
This a bit odd,
It does not follow.

I've forsaken street and lane,
With no tomorrow and they blow men's marrow,
But I fear supervisors and cubicles just the same,
I cannot comprehend it does not follow.


Sleepy Mornings

She's velvet black,
No not my sunshine,
Just my late lazy misty morn,
Wrapped in my rumpled sheets,
She's wrapped in an epidermal abyss,
A skin clammy with the nippy 9 am air of bleak days.

She is slumber,
She is languid,
She is limp,
She is supple,
She is my smokey sleep morning...


Julius Caesar and his Sunny Son

I've given you my five loaves and two fishes
Don't grant me platitudes and beatitudes,
Just answer me this,
If I pray... will you give me three wishes.
_______________________________________________

Thoughts before the battle! (Mental dialogue with Sun Tzu)

I've surveyed the terrain,
And my conviction remains,
I don't need Roy Forester to know which way the wind blows,
Rastafari knows how the current flows,
I've foresighted my foes,
I've visioned tomorrow,
And forecasted the future,
I will version "HIS" story,
I know I have my mathematics right,
I've been endowed the magic the mind the mettle and the might...
Vested for an eternal fight,
I have the heart and aim by sight,
With the first shot...
ONE bullet...

My hopes... my dreams will take flight.


Poethreat

I walk with a pen, a gun and a knife,
So fear me most...
For I can... kill you twice.

I write eulogies often,
I can draw you a coffin,
And I have the mind to put you in it...

For ink can steal your fame and stain your name,
Draw your caricature,
Mocking you throughout your eternal voiceless future,
Or it may...
Jot the words for your epitaph,
Something dry and witty...
Dark humour... guaranteed to make someone laugh.

I've heard it said the pen is mightier than the sword,
And God created the world with but a word.

So watch your words and deeds indeed,
As a matter of fact... watch your words and mind mine,
For I am vile new breed.

I walk with a pen, a gun and a knife,
I can kill you twice, so protect your life!

My hands know blood and ink,
So dare me to draw... dare me, just dare me to even think...

1 comment:

ET said...

Very inspired work, Yannick! Wow the two latest additions are quite ponderous but I like them (especially Poethreat)