Thursday, September 14, 2006

SEASONS SHIFT

Today was a I felt a shift in the season... the weather the climate, granted it is stated all the time we have only 2 seasons in the tropic, which would be the wet and the dry season, but I swear we experience the same four season just with less severity than our frenemies to the north in the temperate zone. Yah most of the summer I knew it was summer, with all the sweating and the humid kind of heat, that also carries lots of convectional rains and haze. But today I woke up with the sun rising just a little to the left of me in my bed, hmmmm then the day the light, everything was so clear, though in the distance the same usual convectional rain clouds loomed beyond Cornwall Regional Hospital and towards Pitfour, Granville (aka Broke Back Mountain) and regions like Kemshot and Gutters... the wind, the wind was cooler, the still hot, but the breeze hinted of north east trades. That compounded by the fact that ZIP Fm has started marketing their Christmas ad spaces and such was definite sign that the season both commercially and climate wise was shifting. Granted the official start of Autumn or Fall is Sept. 23, I will posit my theory based on my rough physics and geography knowledge that "since we are near the equator and are more suseptible to shift of the Earths axis we may experience these seasonal shifts earlier, though with less temperature extremes". Yup thaz my theory...

This feeling of seasonal shift has brought about in me a feeling that my fortunes may shift as well... here is to hoping.

No comments: