Friday, January 07, 2005

Sleepless in Mo-Bay

Its. 3:00am, roosters crowing, dogs still shuffling, Dax's hamsters seem as sleepless as I am, running in their never ending wheel. Mosquitoes eat me away, and Fanton Mojah song "When I rise" is humming off somewhere in the background at one of those mysterious sessions that go on in the night that I never seem to know where it is. Me really, I just stepped in from off the road, hunting fun and excitement on the streets of Mo-Bay never found it, not at Margueritaville or Mo-Bay Proper. So here I am documenting my life as it were. Pre-occupied with life after undergrad, the real world, life without UWI, Caribbean Integration, Social Decay in Jamaica, The flogging of dead horses know as tourism, development in Mo-Bay particularly in the intellectual arena, Communism/anarchy, absentee girlfriends and pursuing the arts and making money out of it.

The days are much 'rainier' and cooler here. The night are down right chilly. As a friemd of mine points out to me "the ka-tet (group brought together by destiny: see Stephen King's Dark Tower series) is broken." The term 'tempus fugit' The usual entourage of friends may quite possibly never be the same again. But as it were I have work to do, the higher powers will it so, things that have gone a wry must be set back, new worlds must be forged etc. So these days I spend my time consuming DVD documentaries (The weather underground, Farenheit 911, El Che etc), listening to the host of great new music coming out (Richie Spice, I-wayne, DYCR, Junior Kelly, Fanton Mojah, Jah Cure, Sizzla to name a few). I will be taking out membership at the doctors cave beach and attending Wayne Brown's poetry class. Seeing that he accepts none of my submissions (gee, I'm hurt). I spend alot of my days thinking about all taht I'll miss at UWI, free fetes, Laurayne and Leslie, cute girls, Carla Moore and crew badgering and berating me (really will miss that). Hmmm oh well here is to better things, hopefully all paths will meet again and our stars will all cross.

© Yannick Nesta Pessoa & Azteka Designs MMIV (2004 a.d.) ®

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO U DONT MISS ME..GEE IM HURT........BTICH!! KHAFI